Today I forced myself to go to another function with my Mom's group and I'm glad I did. There were a lot of Mom's there, some that I had met yesterday, and more new faces. We had a free tour of a Dairy Queen! I was so excited that I nearly wet myself with anticipation (note: sarcasm). The kids loved it though because they got to work the ice cream machine and make their own ice cream cones. Plus the manager let them all walk into the refrigerator and freezers. Ooooooohh, Ahhhhhh. Pretty boring for an adult but the kids were fascinated. I don't think the Dairy Queen people anticipated that twenty mom's and 40+ kids would show up to their dinky little store, but it worked out. Even the kids that were Nick's age had a good time. Plus we all got free ice cream and they got the additional business of all of us buying lunch.
The good news is that I was able to get to know some of the other mom's a little better and it was nice!! They were nice and their kids were well behaved. I was in a better position to observe the monster children and realized that only a few of the mom's had monsters. Usually it was the moms who had three or more children. So there is hope. I just have to force myself to try and keep trying and maybe I will find one or two mom's who I can be friends with, not just acquaintances.
Today I think I am going to go buy some trees for my back yard. I found good sized trees for 22 bucks apiece! Yeah, that's right. $22. I can't wait to get them in the ground and begin to vegetate the sandy Martian landscape that is my backyard.
6 days ago





Sounds like a good day...ice cream presented in an educational (?) format!
ReplyDeleteExpecting details on the trees/Martian landscape conversion.