We have all been struck down by a cold. And Nick can not clear his own nose yet so I was up all night with him keeping his head elevated so that he could breathe. And here is what he is doing today:
Yes he is so tired. My poor dude. Let's hope he feels better soon.
And here are some slightly older pictures of Lucas finger painting, which he takes very seriously.
Look Mom, one hand is dirty!
And the other hand is CLEAN!!
Moving with children is harder than I imagined it would be. I should note that I had imagined it would be pretty darn hard. Thankfully my Mom-in-law has unpacked my kitchen so that we can now function somewhat. I had so many kitchen gadgets and supplies that it took her close to two days to unpack the kitchen.
And we got a new stove. That gas leak that we found just before closing? Remember that? It wasn't the pilot light - it was an actual gas leak either from the stove or the line supplying the stove. And since we needed a new stove anyway (the one that came with the house was older than the house and had been used/abused heavily) we went ahead and got a new stove. True to my nature I went down and purchased the stove and got the wrong color because I am oblivious to color, but FIVE burners. . . I noticed that, how could I not notice that the thing was the opposite color of the rest of the appliances? The rest of the appliances are bisque and I got a black stove. In my defense I was only thinking of what would hide fingerprints best which is why I ran like hell from all the stainless appliances that they push on you. As if stainless is the best thing ever. If it was the best thing ever they would't show every single finger print. I bet you in another ten years stainless appliances will be "liiikkee sooo ten years ago - ewww."





FYI black doesn't hide anything and you can see all the dust. I hate all of our black stuff that I had to have. Never again. And by the way your mother in law is leaving tomorrow yes that is less than 24 hours.
ReplyDeleteJust tell people that you planned the whole mod black/white kitchen thing on purpose. At least you will not die of gas fumes, so I'd say the new stove is a success.
ReplyDeleteVery cute picture of Nick! Good luck with unpacking and getting settled. I'm off to look at houses again tomorrow.
I cannot wait until Sara is old enough to finger paint, or color, or do something with paper and some kind of coloring implement.
ReplyDeleteHope you all feel better soon.
We're going to be in the market for a new stove soon too, for the cabin, not government housing.