Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The boys are so big

Here is Lucas sleeping. . . on a rare day that he takes a nap. He has just about given them up entirely. The picture is blurry because I didn't want to risk using a flash. Little Man starts school tomorrow. I thought that I was finally alright with it until tonight when I had him try on his new backpack. *Sniff, Sniff* His is just getting so big, so fast.


Nick, like all babies has always hated it when I am too busy to hold him. And people. I hold this kid ALL THE TIME. When I am cooking, cleaning and doing all the June Cleaver tasks that my current job description requires. Today I snapped a picture of the face that little Nick makes when I don't immediately cave into his demands:



And here is the pathetic helpless face he made when his Grammy tried to pick him up:


It's enough to make any mom melt and cave in to a tiny persons demands, however unreasonable.


But then we had ribs for dinner and life was good again. Especially since Grammy caved into his demands and held him on her lap instead of making him sit in his booster seat like mean 'ol Mommy and Daddy insist that he do. Thank goodness for the Grandma's and Grammy's in the world who spoil little people.



And here are the kids enjoying the ribs wholeheartedly.


5 comments:

  1. Man, they are LOVIN' those ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably especially hard to hold Nick and do all your June Cleaver tasks in your June Cleaver high heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My high heels are killing my feet. And finding time to iron all of our linens is difficult with all of the leg shaving that I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to lay Iffy's boxers and socks on top of the sheets while ironing, that way I can iron two things at once. And the extra height the heels give me allow me to exert a little more downward pressure on the iron, thereby getting it done quicker, so I can get to the toilet cleaning faster.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers