Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Flashbacks

There is a person I have reconnected with on Facebook, she was my sister's best friend growing up. She has a little boy who is Nick's age and another little boy who is Lucas's age.

Her youngest, just went into the hospital with a fever, and weird blood counts and all sorts of scary medical terms floating around. They are in the pediatric cancer ward and are terrified for their little boy. I am just sick over this. It brings back so many scary memories from Nick's hospitalization. I remember being alone sobbing in the crappy rocking chair in the hospital room while I held Nick, my baby, and I kept repeating over and over "No. Not him. Not my Nick." I told AJ about Ann and her little Liam and he got so shaken up that he left the room when I told him. We both were so terrified during Nick's ordeal those memories and feelings of terror come back so quickly once you hear about a similar case.

I wrote her a message on Facebook and told her about our experiences and that we were all pulling for her and her baby. She had her sister write back to me (at 12:30 am). She said that what I described matched her experiences to a T. Except that my experience lasted two days. Her's has gone on for over a week now. With no answers yet.

Please send some prayers and good vibes to little Liam. Let's hope this terrible ordeal ends soon. There is nothing worse in the world than watching your child suffer.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the flashbacks. Memories of our NICU time are always there under the surface. Sometimes I'll just be doing nothing or driving along etc, and all of a sudden it hits me and my eyes start watering.

    I really hope little Liam and his family get some answers soon, and that everything turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is really amazing how fast the emotion comes back isn't it?

    It isn't looking too good for little Liam. He started Chemo today and we find out if he will need bone marrow soon. I just can't imagine . . .

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers