
The boys and I at the bottom of a kiva. I know it looks like Nick is scared but I looked at him right after this picture and he was smiling for the camera - it just didn't turn out.

Here is Mr. Lucas all wrapped up after "Quiet Time". This is when he gets some yummy chocolate milk and a cartoon or two.

And here is yet another time out scenario where Nick puts himself into time out next to Lucas. In case you are wondering, Lucas threw dirt at the dog's face. I am following the advice of this book(the quadrillionth book I've read on discipline) called 1-2-3 Magic and holy cow you guys it seems to be working!! True to the books advice I have found that if I get upset with the kids they keep doing what they are doing and things escalate. So now I just hold up a finger and then two fingers and if the behavior doesn't stop they go to time out. The hard part is training myself to be consistent.

Right after showers. Showers are reserved for nights that my back and AJ's back just can't handle bending over a tub. The kids love them and I figure they won't die if they don't get scrubbed down for one night.





I LOVE the pic of you and the munchkins. It will be tough to explain to Nick one day (as he's complaining about being in timeout) that there once was a time when he went voluntarily. At least you'll have pics to prove it because I'm sure he won't believe you.
ReplyDeleteHopefully we'll see Pecos someday!
ReplyDeleteLittle kiddos wrapped up in towels are one of the cutest things. Sara no longer wants to get toweled off, she prefers the rushing wind of running around the house naked to do the drying.
Does Lucas ever reciprocate and head to time out with Nick? Or maybe Nick is too young for time out?
ReplyDeletePecos is another one of those places I shoulda seen while I was in the area...guess we'll just have to go back to NM!