Just a quick note to let you all know that today is hell. Nick's two bottom molars are coming in and they look like molars sitting in his mouth - but with gums over the top of them. VERY PAINFUL looking. Usually teeth break through by now but Nick's gums keep stretching and stretching. . . and he keeps crying and crying.
I sent Lucas to school with a tag hanging off of him. Didn't notice until he came home. Good thing he is too young for other kids to kick the crap out of him for stuff like that. I'm a little embarrassed. And I know I shouldn't be.
Nick and Lucas had Dr. appts yesterday for their normal checkups. Nick is very tall - 95th percentile. He is skinny too but we knew that - 25th percentile. This explains why he fits lengthwise into clothes but constantly has his pants falling off of his butt. He fits into 6-9 month shorts because the waists fit him. This winter he will either be in "capris" (hee hee) or he will look like a gangster with his ass hanging out.
Lucas is in the 50th % for both height and weight. I am apparently not feeding the kids enough milk so I need to step that up a bit. The Dr. actually had the balls to suggest that I buy THREE kinds of milk: whole milk for skinny Nick, 1% for Lucas and Fat free for us. I told her she was crazy and that I will feed everyone 1% or 2% and that Nick can stay skinny. It's not like he is considered too skinny or that he is "failing to thrive". I compromised (not really) and said I'd feed him extra avocados and cheese (which I already do). Seriously she must hate me for being so blunt and obnoxious.
4 days ago





I am actually worried that I am giving Sara too much milk. Apparently there is such a thing.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have switched over to drinking whole milk myself because I don't want to have to have two kinds of milk in the fridge.
I think Nick is doing just fine. No one should want to have a kid in the 100th percentile anyways.