Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Morning Fun

This was my morning:
4:30 - Nick is awake
5:30 - Finally get Nick to sleep
6:15 - Nick up again
6:45 - Still trying to keep my eyes open
7:00 - Lucas up
7:10 - Everyone is hungry and no one wants to eat what I serve
7:20 - Wrestle children into clothing - any clothing will do, it doesn't have to match
7:25 - Rush to get myself dressed. Forgot to put on the other shoe. Had to return to the chair to get it on.
7:30 - Heading for the door to get Olivia to the pet resort for her "Doggie Day Camp" evaluation - must be there by 8am (more on this later)
7:31 - When the front door opens and the cold air hits me I realize that I have forgotten to put a shirt on. There I stood in my bra.
7:32 - Back to my bedroom to find a t-shirt. Any shirt will do. The dog is bouncing off the flipping walls - THANK GOD I am getting rid of her for the day. Maybe she will come back tired.
7:33 - I forgot to feed the dog breakfast. So I feed her breakfast while loading the kids in the car
7:40 - Drive away - for the resort.

That was only the beginning. Olivia needs to be evaluated for three days if we want her to have "group play" while we are on vacation. This is our last opportunity to get it done before we leave. Except they tell me that she is missing her final Parvo/Distemper shot. So there we sat in the waiting room while they tried to get ahold of the vet. I was not upset about the shot but was mostly upset about the prospect of taking Olivia home for the rest of the day. She was so hyper and I was so tired. Eventually (1 hour later) they let her in once the vet said that she was current. My word doesn't count, they need proof.

They day improved though. Olivia has come back from Doggie Day Camp with a glowing "Campers Report Card". She did great. Two more days of evaluation and she is accepted into group play while we are on our trip.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say, it must have been a bad day if it started with you forgetting to put a shirt on.

    i am pretty sure my dogs once stayed at that same pet resort. Is it called Enchantment Pet Resort? I remember liking that they mingled instead of just threw them in a cage all day.

    I sympathize with the hungry and don't want anything mode. That is the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you had a bra on. We raised you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Enchantment Pet Resort. I love that they offer Doggie Swim Lessons (with life jackets if needed). My own kids didn't get swim lessons but BY GOD - the dog will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only fitting that if the rest of the family gets to go on a fabulous vacation, then Olivia should too. Now Olivia and Lucas can discuss their days away at doggie daycare and preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to Enchantment Pet Resort! Think they'd let me stay, if I promised to clean the windows, or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's actually not a bad idea. Maybe I should check myself in for a day. I can play fetch with the best of them.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers