Then we headed off to the Nestle Cafe for a tour and cookie making extravaganza with my Mommy group. The kids got all hyped up on sugar and I got to clean them up. It was fun. I dropped my camera on the ground and it broke. I'm a little pissy about it. I really hadn't planned on purchasing a new camera.
Then I got home and walked in the door and saw that the D-O-G had shredded an area of our carpet in the hallway. Great. So I will have to replace carpet now too. I'll be sure to put that on the list. Right up there with college savings for the boys and a metal dog crate to LOCK HER UP IN when we leave.
Nick walked into the computer room and had diarrhea which leaked from the diaper onto the carpet in that room. Did I mention that my carpet shampooer isn't sucking anymore? Let's put THAT on the F-ing list too.
AJ had the guts to ask me if I'd had a chance to pick up Lucas's prescription at the pharmacy and I had to tell him "hell no baby, we've been doing important things like making cookies and breaking expensive electronics. " Of course I was joking. But now I need to go out again and pick that up. AHHHH. Stupid life getting in the way of my fun.
Here are some pictures from the happy part of the day - before it all went straight to hell:





Some kinda snowball effect going on there with the expensive mishaps. Whaddaya think - better to have it all happen in one big day, or spin it out one aggravating incident at a time over the course of a couple weeks?
ReplyDeleteThey do say bad things happen in threes. Sorry you had such an icky day. Are you going to have to scramble and get a new camera before your vacation?
ReplyDeleteYes. In fact I already went out and purchased a camera. It is cute and little and green. And waterproof. I may feel like taking pictures underwater at some point. Maybe on our cruise. . .
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the carpet. Can you use baby gates to enclose Olivia in the kitchen or some other non-carpeted place?
ReplyDeleteMy carpet shampooer was not working for a while either, the spinners weren't spinning or it wasn't sucking, or both, I don't remember. I took it apart and pulled all the hair out and it works again.
the cookie factory looks like a fun trip. I've never been on a factory trip, but have always wanted to go. Maybe it was watching Picture Picture on Mr Rogers as a child that sparked my interest in seeing how things are made. But alas, there are no factories in Terlingua...
Mmmmmm. Cookies. Let's focus on the good part of the day :)
ReplyDelete