We also decided that you know you are having a bad day when bystanders need to help you with your children. In her case firefighters yesterday had to help. For me, I knew things were at a low point when I was the recipient of open staring and people had to help me collect my yarn that fell on the ground. Strangers sent sympathetic looks my way, but also watched carefully to see what I was doing right or wrong. It was a moment where you must smile and try to comfort your child calmly while you scream silently inside your head.
It was so nice to get a break for an hour. And I'm so glad that when AJ got home he recognized the look on my face and immediately ordered me to leave. I'm so happy that he is understanding and sympathetic.
Today I made popcorn for a snack and things have improved. I just have to remind myself that he's two. Two is hard on him and it's hard on me. Two means that when he is upset he doesn't want to be held, and doesn't want to be left alone either. He wants the raisins, but also the cheese and won't make a decision. Two means that he will change his mind immediately after a decision and then become furious when you don't accommodate his every whim. Two means that he thinks faster than he can talk and becomes frustrated to the point of tantrums when you don't understand what he wants. Two means that we all learn to have a bit more patience.





No comments:
Post a Comment