First thing out of bed and I dumped a bottle of motrin on the ground. Pills everywhere and the dog thought she needed to help me clean them up. Then spilled coffee. Then a diaper that would make a sanitation worker pass out. Then a glass of milk hit the carpet.
I mistakenly thought Nick was feeling better so I loaded everyone up at 8:00 and headed out to try to make a dent in my chore list.
First up: Post Office where I had forgotten to pay the yearly rental fee for the PO Box and was locked out of the box. We got that cleared up (THANK GOD) and headed down the hall to collect the mail from the box. The boys took turns for about 3 minutes opening and closing the box and looking through it into the mail room. Then they started loudly fighting over who would hold the mailbox key.
Second Stop: McDonald's play area. I got a coffee and the boys played in the play area. A full on melt down happened when Nick became disoriented and couldn't find his way out. Oh. Did I mention that McDonald's was holding a training session in the room (probably because of the space and table availability) and it had been quiet until the hysterical screaming began. I got to shove and grunt my way into and through a catacomb of tubes and I also got lost. Nick refused to accept help from Lucas so when I finally got to him he was beyond my reach in a netted area that I was sure wouldn't hold my weight. On the way down the slide we all got the pleasure of listening to it creak and moan from the weight of all three of us coming down. The training session was being held in Spanish so there was lots of conversation and laughter occurring that I was convinced was about me and the creaking slide. As we left Nick screamed with all his might that he wanted to play. Then he dropped to the floor just to make sure the entire room knew he was leaving under duress.
Third Stop: Pet store for dog food. Screaming fit in parking lot because he wanted to ride in the red shopping cart and not the blue shopping cart. The red cart was for another store. Then we didn't get over to the fish section fast enough for the little dictator so the entire store heard about how we needed to go see the fish NOW. NOW. FISH MOMMY OVER THERE NOW. I was tempted to stick him in one of the parrot cages and walk away. But I maintained. Somehow.
Fourth Stop: Craft Store. We had recently been to this store with a friend and the minute we walked in Nick started crying and screaming our friend's name because he wanted to find her. I grabbed what I needed in the back corner of the store and made my way through the Christmas section from hell (boxes and crap everywhere as the employees were setting up displays) which took forever as tears streamed down his cheeks and boogers came out in massive disgusting bubbles. Of course the line was long. Of course there were two people standing there so that only one register could operate. Of course my coupon was not valid. Of course their debit machine processed at an archaically slow speed. Of course Nick screams because I didn't carry him from the curb to the car.
The day just keeps getting better. Screaming because he wants a snack but now won't take a bite of the snack. Kicking his brother because Lucas dared to sit next to me.
Lucas keeps coming up to my ears and LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL-ing directly into them. He won't stop with the noise. Noise everywhere. All the time noise.
I hate days where I can't do a damn thing right. I know he doesn't feel well, but I want to run away right now, and I just have to hold on until AJ comes home. Hopefully he will get home on time so that I can get the hell out of here ASAP.
One last thing. I HATE Yo Gabba Gabba (a children's show). Those psycho paths who write and produce this show are secretly aiding my children in eroding my sanity. That dude with big square glasses needs to be taken down. And somebody tell him to shave those scary side burns. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
6 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment