Last week: Swim Lessons ended. As a celebration the pool people turned on the water works for the kids to play in.
.JPG) |
| Lucas trying to get under the buckets that randomly dump water. |
.JPG) |
| Lucas was trying to figure out how it all worked. |
.JPG) |
| Nick waited to get water dumped on him too. |
.JPG) |
| Someone felt that the fort was built for her and used it as her own personal hammock |
This weekend: Fun times at the Natural History Museum.
.JPG) |
| Looking at "earth" located in the top left on the black circle. Pretty cool. |
.JPG) |
| My little Lucas in front of T. Rex. He was SO excited. |
.JPG) |
| Nick carried his own stool around so that he could access everything he wanted WHEN he wanted. |
We've been busy, busy, busy and AJ will be gone quite a bit until Christmas. I've made my first attempt at actually decorating for a Holiday (Turkey day) by purchasing seasonal decorations and throwing them around the house in the hopes that it looks somewhat good. I just don't have the touch. I will keep trying to tackle all things domestic but really - it is hard to care about plastic leaves, colorful gourds and scented pinecones. I'm making the effort this year because we have people coming for Thanksgiving and I thought I'd at least
try. . . .
On a related subject I am really interested - no fascinated - with people who are able to keep their homes clean, their hair clean and styled, and kids happy with planned nightly dinners. Did women really successfully do this back in the day?? If so HOW? Did people really live like the Cleaver's? It is interesting to me because I just can't wrap my brain around how women managed. AND they didn't have so many of the conveniences that we do today, like dishwashers, microwaves etc. How How How? (Welcome to the slow but steady decline of my intellect.)
On your last paragraph - an interesting topic for me, too. I suspect it's just like now, some were a success and some were a bust and many fell in the middle somewhere.
ReplyDeleteBut also - perhaps a slower pace of life? No story time, no museum, no play group. Instead, "Go play. Be back for lunch."
Maybe - a simpler way of life. Less stuff in a smaller house would mean less to take care of. Flip side of that is no nonstick surfaces or wash'n'wear fabrics. Hmmm.
Several someones have probably written theses on this subject.
I've decided that I can either have a clean house or cook dinner every night. I can't manage to do both. And as far as looking neat an styled, yeah, I don't think I've ever accomplished that in my life...if Naomi has clothes on, I've done my job :-)
ReplyDelete