Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Attempt At Holiday Decor







In other domestic goddess news:  I had the pleasure of trying to get twenty little fingers into twenty individual slots in little people gloves. I also had a frustrated two year old who got impatient during the process - and acted as if it was MOMMY'S FAULT that his fingers kept going into the wrong finger hole.  Instead of getting frustrated I thought it was all very funny because their hands are still so little and they are both so stinkin' cute.  We adults take it for granted that we can operate our hands well enough to negotiate a glove, but little people can't seem to get it straight which is adorable.

MITTENS! Yes, that would be the solution however both boys informed me that mittens aren't good because they can't pick things up as well and can't use their fingers as well.  So we have fingered gloves now. 

I've also decided to make and freeze three varieties of cookie dough for quick cookie baking.  I always seem to be taken off guard around the holidays and need home made things to bring/give/serve and so I'm going to see if this will help.  AND (OMG - all this domestic wonderfulness is going to make you puke but stay with me - I'm bragging because it is so unusual for me to be this awesome) I'm making the beds everyday.  Yes.  I know. 

First the fabric softener, then the light fixture remake and now - frozen cookie dough and tidy beds.  I'm on a real streak here!!  Pretty soon I may even get really wild and actually remove the tags from my children's winter jackets before sending them out in public.  It happened again.  Lucas went to school today with tags dangling.  As he was walking into the room I saw them and ripped them off real quick because - I'm that awesome.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. I've had good luck freezing baked cookies and pulling them out a few hours before needed. Tastes fine! But I bet they'll be even better the way you're doing it. Tell us about the recipes, domestic goddes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Martha.....(I mean Krisitn)

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers