Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Meetin' the Coworkers

You guys.  AJ is having me meet some of the people he will be working closely with at work. 

I've got to tell ya.  I don't know that this is such a good idea.  I get nervous.  And then I start to chatter.  And then I start blurting out shit that really makes no freakin sense at all.  And then people look at me.  And I get even more nervous and try to cover up the diarrhea of the mouth with more chatter. . . . and it is awful. 

I am NOT graceful in social situations. 

Just the other day I laughed about how there were potholes the size of small cars on one of the streets (in a teeny tiny town) and that I'm surprised that people aren't loosing pets. I thought I was HYSTERICAL.  Turns out the guy was from that small town and was smiling, but not laughing with me.  Ooops.  I really just need to shut the hell up.

Grrrr.  I hope there isn't going to be wine there, because that will make it a whole lot worse for AJ.  But better for me, ya know?

(He is laughing at me and telling me I'm crazy, and that he isn't worried at all about introducing me to people)

He's a liar.  I can feel it.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Bread looks delicious, bear bait is adorable, and the scenery is incredible. I had no idea you were going to a rainforest - such fun to learn about another place vicariously! Keep your chin up at the meet and greets - I bet they are anxious to make a good impression on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did the smile and pleasant conversation thing, and didn't say anything cringe-worthy. I really don't like having to act like an adult.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers