Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Still Here, Still . . . .

I swear I haven't forgotten about my blog.  My time is being consumed with vacuuming up dried mud, pine needles and kitty litter.  When I'm not doing that, I'm baking my ass off trying to use all the yeast.  So far, I've used at least a full 2 TBS out of the entire 3lb box.  WHooo HOO - progress.  The weather (wet, cold, dark) is making all the carb consumption easy.  I think I've put on 5 lbs.  Not good.

I would take the bear bait for a long walk in the woods, but I keep finding fresh kitty cat scat with deer hair liberally mixed in there. . . . everywhere.  It is everywhere.  Right here in the housing area.  So.  Our walks are shorter. Because I know if we saw a kitty cat, the cat nip would bust off running and screaming in terror and I'd be powerless to save them. . . . except I could try to run behind them slower and with a limp.

We have also been eyeing the massive river that is 200 yards away.  It is getting bigger and more ferocious looking.  No worries.  We are a solid 20 feet above flood level.  Seriously, no worries.  We are very safe here.  But it is fun to watch it get higher and into the trees.  It is a fast river too, so those trees can only withstand that for so long before they will topple - I would guess anyway.

Today I'm adventuring into town to hunt down some fruit and DVD's.  I also would love to get myself some sort of waterproof (not winter though) footwear.  I have water sandals, but in 38 degree days, I was hoping for some sort of non-insulated boots.  In ladies size 12 please.  Gooooood luck with that. 

We ate out for the first time last night.  Food: eeeehhhh, ok.  Service: Excellent.  The people here are really top notch. 

Next Thursday is a going away partaaay where many of the spouses and kids will attend.  I'm nervous.  I want to meet new people, but it is sooo hard walking into a room full of strangers who all know each other.  But it will be fun and I'm excited to get to know everyone.

The house hunt is going slowly.  I have called on a few homes, but the competition is fierce.  We are going to rent, not buy, and it is difficult at best.  One lady said I was around the 50-something person to call on her property.  Yeah.  Fierce. 

Anyway.  I really am taking pictures, but posting them is time consuming.  I'll try to get some on here tonight.

Happy Memorial Day weekend !!!!!   I'm so happy it is the weekend, and a long one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers