I just found out that I'm living in a rain forest. Noooo, not the tropical kind with toucans and monkeys. The inland, North American kind. We get a ton of precipitation here, as I discovered today when I began to grow webbed feet. You see, I don't blow dry my hair, and haven't had to in NM because my hair always dried within an hour. But here my hair stayed wet all day.
Still no internet. May have to fork over $ for an air card or something.
Oh. Back to the weather. I actually saw many people in Costco today walking around in designer rubber boots. And t-shirts. I was in a jacket. I need to go get some girly rubber boots.
Random observations:
Montanans DO NOT LIKE people with New Mexico plates. At all. Need to get to the DMV pronto.
Montanans are very grumpy people (by their own admission) after a long winter.
Montanans like a wide variety of Montana license plates. I've seen at least 6, maybe 8 different kinds.
You are required to own a mud covered, pick-up here.
The roads suck.
The scenery is amazing.
The rivers are huge.
My dog is loosing sleep obsessing over the many squirrels out the window.
My hair is unspeakably curly and frizzy. It has a life of its own, and don't possess the knowledge to tame it.
Gas is cheaper here.
There is not any sales tax!
The sun is up when I go to bed and it is up when I wake up in the morning. Little strange living at this latitude.
The kids get up @ 5:30 with the sun. Not good at all.
It takes an hour to get to walmart, target, costco, a real hospital and a decent grocery store.
The people here seem tough. They seem prepared to survive anything. Most of the women I've seen (tourists aren't here yet so, the local gals) are rugged - in a good way.
There aren't any playgrounds that I've found - so the boys are doing what I did as a kid and are playing in nature. I'm so glad we are here for that reason alone.
Lucas misses cactus and his preschool teacher. He's also tired of rain.
I had to pay $25 to get into the park today. Kinda annoyed about that.
The drivers here don't tailgate, they signal when they turn, they let people merge and they switch lanes when there is a disabled car on the shoulder of the road.
People commonly say ma'am and sir.
I think I will really like it here once I get my bearings and become acclimated to the weather.
6 days ago





Glad you've finally reached your new home and are getting your feet on the ground. You totally need a pair of girly tough rain boots (and maybe I do, too!).
ReplyDeleteAmy you will definitely need some colorful girly rain boots. And if you are like me, you will need a larger hat to contain your crazy, curly hair.
ReplyDeleteYou can't go wrong with a cute pair of girlie boots. Welcome to your new home!
ReplyDelete