They aren't kidding when they claim that there are 700 balloons at this "fiesta". I have never attended the fiesta but we intend to this week once
AJ's Mom gets here. Those dang balloons land where ever they can find a patch of land, and if it happens to be alongside the freeway or in someones backyard then so be it. And the crazy balloon chasers are just about as entertaining as the balloons themselves. The chasers all pile into the bed of a pickup truck (or two) and drive like mad men chasing "their" balloon. They have these giant flags flying from their vehicles and they all look like a bunch of overly patriotic rednecks coming from a rodeo. Instead they are overly excited balloon chasers trying to find their balloon. It is so weird. Once they get to the balloon that has landed in a field they go tearing across the field to get to it. Then as the morning progresses you begin to see all these flag loving balloon chasers with the baskets in the bed of the pickups and all these people - grinning ear to ear - crammed into the available space in the pickup bed. The amazing thing is that this is occurring virtually anywhere you go, you can not avoid this - I mean there are 700 of these things. SEVEN HUNDRED. Whoa, I just pulled a Joe
Biden.
haha.




I never really thought about the ballons coming down. I've never been to a balloon festival, but I guess I just always thought they come down where they go up. I guess not.
ReplyDelete