I can't get Nick to poop. We were up all night because he was uncomfy (the doctor disagrees with me on that). Which brings me to my ongoing search for a pediatrician who doesn't speak to me as if I am an uneducated idiot . . ."baby's kidneys are stupid so we don't give them Motrin until they are 6 months old" and "he's not uncomfortable yet - breastfed babies only need to poop every 14 days because they absorb all the breast milk" and my FAVORITE "Simply lay him down sleepy but awake so that he will learn to put himself to sleep." She did indeed say simply.
As if it wasn't already obvious that she didn't have children of her own she confirmed it for me when I asked. Book learning is great but she doesn't have a clue. Instead of letting me hold a happy Nick in my lap while she looked in his ears she pinned the screaming boy down on the table and checked them that way. "Yes brute force will get the job done but do you ever wonder why kids hate coming to see you lady?" . . . something I wish I had the guts to say to her.
And I must say that I never thought I would reference Oprah on this blog (I love Oprah and watch as much as possible) because it is such a cliche that I'm a SAHM who loves the big O, but she recently had a thing on her show about a neuroscientist who had a stroke. It was mentioned that health care providers need to be aware of and responsible for the energy they bring into each patients room. This is so true of this pediatrician. She was sooooooo stressful to be around. She spoke really REALLY fast and didn't let me finish sentences and conducted her physical exams so quickly. Kids pick up on this stuff so easily. Anyway. I'm done complaining.
Nick is now on a pretty solid diet of breast milk, prunes, prune juice and sugar water. The last three are intended to get him pooping. It has been 8 days!!! He keeps kicking and moaning and crying and farting (nasty ones!!) but no poopie.
And I do believe that "little" Nick has or is close to outgrowing his car seat. He needs a convertible one - which we thankfully already have (thank you Aunt Stella!). Those Graco infant seats are great but the kids grow so fast that you can't carry them because they are too heavy. And the seat belt is at the highest notch and it is wayyyy below his shoulders so I guess it is time. I was hoping to get to the six month mark with this car seat but I guess we will call it good now that he is five months. It seems like such a waste of money to only use it for 5 months.
Tomorrow I go and meet my Mommies group for the first time at the park. It should be fun. I am excited to get Lucas playing with kids his own age. And I also welcome the social interaction.
I also finally spoke with a mortgage broker about getting a home loan and Friday we go see homes again with ANOTHER realtor. This is our third. I got rid of the last two because they were not up to my average standards.
6 days ago





I hope things get moving for you soon!
ReplyDelete