Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

We're Here!

We made it to Albuquerque and it is so flipping cool up here. Within a 1/2 mile of our apartment there is anything and everything I could ever want. OK, I should qualify that - there is any kind of shopping/amenity I could want. It is lacking open space and wildlife but hey - I can get to all that in about 20 minutes. I thought I might be a little bit sad to leave our cute little house, but as I pulled out of the driveway Tuesday night I was nothing but excited and relieved. I mean you should SEE the produce up here. It is almost like I am in California again. The lettuce looks like happy lettuce, not wilted and beaten down. The strawberries taste like they should, the apples are crisp and the variety and choices make me so excited to eat veggies again. The pathetic selection of produce in Carlsbad was hard to eat much less get excited about.

Our apartment is very comfortable and is considerably bigger than we are used to. The bathroom has a HUGE tub and the furnishings are very cushy and comfy. We are going to take a few days to recoup and then next week I begin our house hunting adventures. It looks like it will be a pain in the butt to find something that meets all of my "wants" and still be within a reasonable commute for AJ. I will post pictures later.

Oh - and balloon fiesta starts tomorrow!!! It just never stops!!!

1 comment:

  1. My number one requirement for my own house is a big bathtub. None of this government issue motel shallow bathtub nonsense.

    Congrats on your move!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers