Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Double Stroller!!

I bought a double stroller today. It was sort of an impulse buy, which I don't normally succumb to but I am really in need of a stroller that will go on some of the trails around here. The kids really like it but now that I got it home, I notice that Lucas' head is close to the top of the seat back. So now I might return it, but to return it you have to mail it to the store warehouse.
But I am still glad that I took the plunge because now I have a better sense of what I want and also what to look for in the next stroller.

For example, I like the side by side model because I can easily see both kids, and they can interact, which they also enjoy. I also like the "all terrain" models because they aren't as big as a jogger and therefore can go into a shopping situation (this thing fits through a standard doorway! Hard to believe but it's true) but also it has the larger air filled tires and the suspension to handle a trail or bumpy situation which is a big deal when your kid has fallen asleep and you don't want the bumps to wake them up.

The problem with this one is that the sunshade is inadequate, the seat back is too short for Lucas and there isn't a cup holder for the kids to put a drink. So onto the next one. This stroller thing is so complicated. It is like selecting a car. And some of them are as expensive as a car. . . well not really but close.

P.S. . . Lucas refuses to wear a shirt, he keeps taking it off. Thank goodness pants are still acceptable to him.

2 comments:

  1. Haha - what a stud that Lucas is! You are going to have one tall child! (Something no one ever said to my mother...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was just in Chicago I was pushing the stroller with my sister's twins in it in a tiny grocery store. The stroller did not fit through the checkout lane. Also that particular store has a post in the middle of the exit door so that you can't take a shopping cart outdoors. Guess what else you can't fit through...Bingo the stroller! My mom and I had to turn it sideways and kinda "walk" it through. Good luck in your quest for the perfect stroller!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers