I signed the papers to sell our house on Friday. Last Friday. I then FedEx'd them to the title company to be completed by the buyer today. So money isn't changing hands until today.
I am using short sentences to keep from YELLING.
Last night (Sunday night) we spoke with our old neighbors and found out that the buyer has been residing in our old residence - the one we still owned - since Friday, the day I signed the papers.
Uhhh Huhhh. Yeah.
Apparently the buyer's lease ran out on his apartment last week (a foreseeable situation) and he needed to move in last week. So he got the keys from his real estate agent and moved in. RENT FREE!!!
. . .fuming
. . .trying to breathe normally
. . . really pissed
Obviously had anything happened to the house between his moving in and closing - we would have been liable and had to pay for. . . like say a fire, or vandalism.
Well I'm off to make a few more nasty calls to get to the bottom of this and figure out what to do . . . like say CHARGE RENT!!!!
6 days ago





Isn't that illegal? Why did the real estate agent give him the key?? God, aren't you glad you're out of Carlsbad? I drove by the house today and it looked good from the outside... no couches on the porch and the lawn was mowed. Also, I looked up that landscaping company but they weren't listed in the paper anymore.
ReplyDeleteOh, and here's how much we love Carlsbad - someone paintballed our house this weekend. This is the FOURTH time our house has been vandalized. What a horrible, horrible town.
Thank you for trying to find the landscaper. I am so sorry you were paintballed.
ReplyDeletethat is crazy!!
ReplyDeleteI guess the realtor went to Carlsbad Realty School, which is right next to McDonalds University.
I am glad that nothing happened in the meantime.
Sarah, if you had Kristins old neighbor (the important official one with lights and sirens) maybe that wouldn't happen. Apparently the park ranger truck isn't enough.
Sarah - do you want me to FedEx my paintball equipment to you? You could lay-in-wait and defend the property at night. I might even have some camo clothing. . . .
ReplyDelete