I halfheartedly attempted to potty train Lucas this last summer. Then he had the horrible constipation issues and now completely refuses to go poo on the toilet. So I just gave up right along with him because I didn't want to pressure him. The doctor is the one who told me to back off and I thought it sounded like a great idea for two reasons: I'm lazy and I don't want to deal with potty training.
But now it is getting to the point where Lucas really needs to be potty trained. He pees in the toilet just fine and without assistance but won't poo at all. He's afraid that it will hurt. And I'm rather tired of spending a TON of money on pullups. Oh lord those things are expensive. Today I ordered extra absorbent underwear for potty training.
Snarky Side Note: If I were politically correct I'd call it "potty learning" but I'm not. It's all the same damn thing. I guess people are afraid to say that they TRAIN their children like animals, so they now call it LEARNING. Ooooo. I hate to break it to ya folks but our kids are animals. And so are you. So get over the terminology. Train your animals! hee hee.
The underwear will arrive in 3-5 business days. Lucas is going to get mad that I'm making him wear underwear because he likes the idea of wearing Pullups. He is afraid of having accidents and wants to wear the Pullups "just in case". It breaks my heart that he is so afraid of accidents because neither AJ or I have ever gotten upset or angry or punished Lucas when he's had an accident. We always just matter-of-factly go clean up and don't make a big deal out of it. Why attack his self esteem, right? But he is upset by accidents. So I think I'm going to have to tell him the underwear are extra special "Big Boy PullUps". If we call them PullUps he might be alright with wearing them. (I need to find the right terminology for him. *wink wink* yes I see the conflict and am choosing to ignore it)
6 days ago





Sounds like a great plan to me. And I think it's sweet that Lucas wants them just in case. He must just not like the messy feeling of having an accident. That's a start too...the fact that HE doesn't want accidents all on his own. He's well on his way to being completly potty LEARNED ;)
ReplyDeleteAhhh...trained, learned, animals...I loved your side note! You mean that I am an animal? I thought I was human and better then all :) people drive me nuts sometimes!
ReplyDelete@ Gretchen - we are completely on the same page.
ReplyDeletesnarky is a fun word
ReplyDelete