Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sherbert? Really?

I just read a blog where the parents had named their child Sherbert. Now normally I don't criticize baby names because it is a touchy subject. But Sherbert? Seriously?

All I can think of is sherbert ice cream. And kids at school. . . holy crap can you imagine what little Sherbert (a 5 month old girl) will have to endure? I mean it is one thing to want to be original and all that bullshit but there is a point where you cross a line into cruelty.

I'm gonna be all judgy and self righteous (because it's my damn blog) and proclaim that the name Sherbert is crossing that line.

Update: I just read more of that blog and they had two other girls named Berber and Gerber. I don't even have the words. All I'm seeing is carpet and baby food.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, lime sherbert...so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully little sherbert will make it through school and one piece and start using her middle name, though I can only assume it is dumb too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, I went to school with a guy who thought it would be cool to name his kid Scantron. He thought it would be ironic when th ekid was bubbling in his name on Scantron sheets.

    Also i went to school with a girl named Bambi. She started using her middle name in college. It was much better

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers