Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mommy Milestone

I'm up tonight (12 am -ish) with Nick who is still sick and is starting to sound like he has a touch of croup. He is still too little to know how to effectively clear his nose so I have to help him throughout the night. I have been sitting here thinking and I just realized that Nick is 21 months old - like today. And Lucas was almost exactly 21 months old when Nick was born. So that makes Lucas exactly twice as old as Nick right now. This is the only time in their lives it will be so.

Continuing on with my midnight ramblings. . . . I am looking back over the last 21 months and it is all a big fat blur. I don't really remember much about it at all. I mean, I remember the big things but not the little ones. Thank goodness I use this blog to remember stuff.

Six months ago I had my blog turned into a book - a very thick 300 page hard bound book. I plan on doing it every year. Don't get me wrong. I don't think the quality or content of my ramblings is worthy of formal publishing. I mean who are we kidding? I can't punctuate to save my life. I did it because frankly I don't trust Blogger to keep my priceless memories safe. Lord knows my brain hasn't kept them safe so why should I think Blogger would be any different. I am old fashioned and want a tangible object to hold it all. I'm glad I did it. The book turned out really nice. And long after I have abandoned my blog for the latest greatest thing, we will have some documentation of life way back when. . . . when they were too little to know how to keep their noses clear enough to sleep.

: )

6 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention the "double age" thing. I was seriously wondering just the other day if Nick was about the same age now as Lucas was when he was born. Crazy to think isn't it?

    I think the blogger book sounds like a great idea. Everything documenting C's life is on the computer. We don't have anything hard copied. Not really even pictures. That really needs to be my next project.

    I hope Nick gets to feeling better soon. Thanks to his Mommy's TLC, I think he will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a blur. Isn't is strange how such an important phase of life is impossible to remember? Blog into book is a great idea. You'll probably cherish it the most, but the boys might get a kick out of some of the entries someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you turn it into a book? What a great idea! I hope Nick starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that, how did you get your blog turned into a book? I'd like to do that... although i don't know how long 5 years of blogging would be in book form!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to blog2print and had it made. You will have to slurp your blog but it is easy to do. Don't worry I had no idea what slurping was either. Their editing features were limited but maybe they have improved them by now. The book itself had an awesome cover and was bound very well. The quality of the paper and print was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made my sis's blog into a book for her xmas gift last year, she returned the favor this year. It's nice to have it in your hand to page through

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers