I was once again attempting to be Joan Cleaver this morning and was making scrambled eggs for the kiddos. Cracking eggs, dumping them into a bowl for mixing. That was the plan. I looked down in my pre-caffeine delirium and this is what I saw:
And the first thought that entered my head was this: damned earthy people. (forget that I would like to think of myself as one of them - I was cussing us all out.)
Here. Let's all get a better look post-caffene of what was in that bowl.
Blood. Baby chicken blood.
Here's the thing. I don't want to be reminded in the wee hours of the morning while I'm trying to get my Cleaver on, that I am cracking open what could be a fertilized egg containing a teeny tiny undeveloped baby chicken. Peep peep. And I certainly don't want to find myself looking and poking through the bloody goop trying to identify any baby bird parts.
Again. I realize I'm taking this too far. But can you blame me?
Four eggs waisted. There is no way in hell I'm gonna cook that up and serve it to the kids.
Now I just want my store bought, caged, antibiotic, hormone fed unbloodied chicken eggs. Thank you very much. Keep your burgeoning farmer home grown chicken eggs to yourself - I appreciate the thought.
Oh hey . . . on another completely separate subject. . . I'll be giving away a shit load of vegetables this summer from our veggie garden, so start looking forward to organic veggies!! I'll do my best to pick off all the tomato worms before I give them out, but I might miss the teeny tiny worms.
Stop drooling.





maybe the chicken was having her period!
ReplyDeleteThat is worse. . . I think.
ReplyDeleteEwwwwww. So much for going organic (or even better than organic). So NOT yummy looking.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...my husband is reading this over my shoulder laughing histerically! I'm not sure I'd be able to eat eggs again after that experiance...
ReplyDeleteYeay for home grown veggies! Let me know if you need help with them.