Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Aunt Stella

 Aunt Stella is marked on Lucas's calendar and he is counting down the moments until we get to see her.  He made me call his teacher on the phone so he could tell her that we are leaving for Aunt Stella's house tomorrow.  Lucas is practically bouncing off the walls.  Nick is still too young to understand fully that we are going on a trip, but Lucas has a better grip on how time works which is why we got him a calendar. 

It is all he's been talking about, all we hear about.  The calendar comes off the fridge at least once a day so that we can look at the day. The day we get to see her is a very big day.

The kids are so fantastically exciting.  His excitement is so pure and contagious.  I love that he is getting his baby brother involved in the "planning" of our trip by ordering Nick around on what to pack and what bag to use and "no, don't pack that truck Nick, pack this one." 

I re-registered our alarm system with the city today and ironically today was the day I set the alarm off and didn't know it.  The alarm company called me as I was pulling out of the driveway and asked me if they should summon the police.  Nooooo, I'm in the driveway, why??  Ahhhhh.  A door was ajar.  Well, I guess the alarm is working well enough for us to leave on the trip.

Lucas had a trip to the Dr for allergies.  They gave him a nasal spray that is supposed to help which would be nice.  He is constantly clearing his throat from the drainage and as a result his throat is red and swollen.  Poor dude. 

Nick is still trying to land himself in the ER by doing crazy, fearless shit around here . . . but I keep thwarting his diabolical plans. . . . we shall see how Nick proof Aunt Stella's house is . . . .

Aunt Stella if you are reading this you should stash all items that you value on the top shelf of a closet.  Not joking.  If he can't swallow it he will throw it at a wall and/or person for fun.  And then he will give you his classic "OHHHhhhhhhhhh . . . . ."  in a tone that says "this is new information, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to tear your home apart, no one has ever told me this before."  When in reality he is just playing the cute card because you have told him a million times.

Lucas told his father today during dinner that he didn't like cowboy music.  AJ looked like someone kicked him in the nuts.  AJ tried to convince Lucas that cowboy music is cool. . . but Lucas wouldn't give an inch.  All this while Nick was trying to delicately hang upside down from his booster chair like a bat with his feet hooked under the top of the chair.  He nearly succeeded except his pesky Mom interferred yet again with his carefully laid plans. . . damn her!!!  (Insert Stewie Griffin's voice)

Alrighty then . . . . Houston here we come.

The boys are pouring over the calendar waiting for the day

THERE is the day. Super excited!!


4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!! I'd be counting down the days too. I bet Aunt Stella is way excited to see you guys. Have a blast and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great trip. Maybe you girls can leave the boys at home one night and go clubbing. you're an expert now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever read the comic strip Calvin & Hobbs? You and Nick totally remind me of that strip sometimes, especially what you just wrote about you thwarting his well laid plans!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers