Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Excitement at the Botanic Gardens

A $2000 steam powered mini locomotive.  That price is BEFORE the remote control features were added which upped the investment to around $3000. Pretty impressive.  It is run off of Butane for the boiler (yes an actual boiler) which produces the steam to make it all work.


Here is a picture of the locomotive with a glove so you can get a feel for the size.  I did not get a picture of the entire track but there were several of these things choo choo-ing around the track.  It is really exciting to see how enthusiastic the train club members are about these things.  Their enthusiasm is contagious. 


There are still some flowers around


The change is coming. . . . the yellows and oranges are here


 
More color - I like the calico ones.


The boys were looking at one of the many bee hives.  There were bees all over the place and no one was harmed or needlessly scared.   I was proud that my kids haven't been taught to run in fear from such an interesting animal.  Yeah that's right, I'll stand on my soap box about this subject once again.  You can't teach kids to value and understand something they are also taught to blindly fear.  Annnd I'm off the soap box.

Oooooo goats.  Goats like scratching behind the ears just like dogs.  Errrrrrrr yeah right there, don't stop, keep scrattttchhhhing.  When I worked on the goat ranch they all figured out that I was a softie for a cute goat and they harassed me to scratch them all the time. 


1 comment:

  1. A goat lady who preaches about bees - oh, the stories your boys will tell! Of course, you're pretty good about telling the stories on yourself, so maybe they won't have to. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers