Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chemical Idiot

I smelled burning plastic. Great. Last F-ing thing I need is an electrical fire. I wandered around the dining/kitchen area and kept smelling it. I pulled the refrigerator out all by myself and smelled behind that - nothing. I got down on my knees and smelled around the dishwasher - nothing. I stuck my nose up to every outlet in the area - nothing. Still it was a melting plastic smell and it was making me panic just a little bit. I contemplated calling the Fire Department but decided to take the garbage out first and tidy up a bit so that they wouldn't think we lived like pigs.

How big of an emergency could it really be if I was cleaning up before calling?  So I scratched the 911 idea and began sniffing around some more.  This went on from 7am to 9:30am BTW. 

I felt like a hound dog on my knees sniffing everything.
Still a chemical plastic-y smell. The boys helped too. We smelled the carpet, and the refrigerator again. We smelled the drain in the sink and the garbage disposal under our sink. I smelled my coffee maker and the oven and stove - nothing.  The Fire Dept was looking better and better.

Then I saw the culprit sitting on the counter:


















This is now located in the garage where it hopefully won't give us cancer.  And I'm about two seconds away from deciding it really needs to be in the garbage can.
 
How many idiots do you know that almost call 911 on a Sharpie marker?

1 comment:

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers