First the big stuff.
We went last weekend to see my sister Stella and had a fantastic time. Unfortunately I did not get a single photo of her and the boys together. I am really REALLY bummed out about that. Stella was a fantastic hostess and fully stocked her refrigerator and cabinets with kid friendly foods and drinks. She had special orange juice and yogurts and cheeses - just to name a few. She took us to the Natural History Museum and took us into the special butterfly exhibit which was a huge 4 story green house filled with TONS of various butterflies fluttering around. It was incredible.
We also went to the zoo and saw a special dinosaur exhibit where there were animatronic dinosaurs that moved and made noises and were true to size. The kids loved it and so did we. We all stood in front of the T-Rex marveling at how intimidating it was. The thing was huge and would have been terrifying back in the dinosaur days.
We also were able to see my cousin Stacie and her three kiddos. It had been so long since I'd seen her and it was soooo nice to catch up.
We had a hell of a long drive back - 15 hours - and we did it without stopping. There was a monstrous thunderstorm outside of Wichita Falls, Tx. FYI: lightening bolts are huge when they hit the side of the road next to you. They aren't the delicate thin bolt that you normally see. Nope. They are wide and make you want to crap your pants. The locals who were driving on the road with us didn't seem fazed and kept on cruising down the road as if it was just another storm. And for them, in tornado country, it probably was.
Next the small stuff:
The boys started swimming, as I mentioned in the post before this. They did a fantastic job. They got right into the water and listened to the swim teachers and had a great time. Lucas's class was full, but only he and another child were willing to get into the water. The other three kids stood on the side of the pool crying that they didn't want anything to do with the water. But MY little angels were perfect. I bet all those other parents were horribly jealous that my kids were the picture of swimming perfection and their little ones were uncooperative little wimps.
Ok. I'm kidding. Last time we had lessons my kids were the ones crying and upset on the sidelines - so I completely sympathized with them.
Also - BIG NEWS!!!!! I'm . . . . I'm. Oh gosh I don't know how to break the news to everyone. But here it goes.
I'm officially using fabric softener. Deep breaths. I know. I'm just as excited as you are about this. This is a big development. After using my sister's ultra soft, plush, sweet smelling towels I have decided to give the fabric softener thing a whirl. I even invested the $1.37 on the "Downey Ball". I am one step closer to becoming the perfect housewife that I have never aspired to be. But here I am: deeply committed to having super soft towels.
6 days ago


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



Oh my god!!!!! Congratulations, that is just so exciting!!!! Trust me, there will be an adjustment period but after a while you'll forget what life was like before you started using fabric softener. So happy for you!!!! ;P
ReplyDeletenice pictuers. i love the one of Nick passed out.
ReplyDeleteare you like me and everytime there is another warm body around you task them with taking a picture of the four of you?? I do that all the time. But we still don't have any really great ones.
I am glad you did not get zapped by lightning on the way home. All of that static would have been a hard job for the fabric softener.
Glad you enjoyed your Stellacation. And congrats on the fabric softener. That is EXCITING news!!! I just switched to Tide with Downy myself.
ReplyDelete15 hours in the car sounds like torture. The things we do to see our loved ones. Also, hooray for the boys being eager to swim on this round of lessons!
ReplyDelete