Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lubed Up Ears

Nick was sitting at the table eating lunch.  I looked up from my plate to see Nick stick a finger into his ear.  This isn't unusual, he's been plugging his ears with his fingers so he can scream louder, it amuses him.  But this time his other finger was dipped into the tomato sauce on his plate.  Then slowly and carefully he balanced a gob of sauce on his finger and inserted it into the other ear. 

I yelled "STOP, NO STOP!"

He paused and looked at me as if to say "Wha?  Wha's wrong? Wha'd I do?" 

I burst out laughing, despite my attempt to keep it bottled up under a frown because it was just too funny.  I couldn't pull off the stern "I'm warning you, knock it off young man" thing this time.  He saw me laughing and started laughing too.

"It's funny! Very FUNNY!" he said.

"Niiiick stop putting food in your ears" said Lucas who then started laughing at the whole thing too. 

Yes.  Filling your ears with tomato sauce is actually very funny.  I'm going to wait for it to dry and then flake out of his ears.  In the mean time it will look like he has bloody ears. 

Perfect for his developmental assessment scheduled for later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers