Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Vibes and Museums - Who Cares?






Everyone wants a piece of the sunshine.  It has been cooler here.  Heavy sweatshirt kind of weather. 

Not much else going on.  We took the kids to the Children's Museum in Santa Fe again.  It is a great little place that has a really low key, relaxed vibe to it.  The children are free to explore and learn and create in a non-structured way.  The other families there had a very "Santa Fe" feel to them.  As I looked around everyone had the (insert soft, airy tone) "children need to be free to explore and discover and create at their own pace" mentality which I also believe in. It was pretty funny to see other people with the hippy-dippy (again with the soft, airy voice) "my gifted child just created a masterpiece out of a toilet paper roll, a torn map and a bucket of paste" mentality.  YES I'm a stereo typing bitch, so sue me.  But we were there too. . . so. . . .

The Children's Museum has a very different feel to it than the Explora museum we go to in Albuquerque.  The Explora environment is less free-flowing and more of a (insert stern intense voice) "We have to cram valuable science information into our children's brains because they need to be smarter than the other kids God damn it!" vibe to it.  It isn't the museum's fault, but the visitors seem to be more intense and frantic.  Yes, frantic.  I still like Explora but it is good to have options.

So.  Now that I'm done criticizing everyone and their parenting styles. . . because I'm so perfect and all. . . I will let you resume your internet surfing.  Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers