The heater stopped working last night. My phone keeps randomly shutting off and loosing a signal. Tech support can't help me unless I call them from a different line. . . which I don't have available at the moment. The house was 60 degrees at 9 am. I texted AJ and he scheduled an appointment for Thursday for the heat guy.
I lit the fireplace pilot light and fired that thing up . . . it isn't as good as an actual wood burning fireplace but it will help. With the fireplace and the sun shinning outside we are at 67 degrees now. Hopefully if I keep the fire going all day and night we won't freeze to death tonight (26 degrees forecasted).
Which reminds me. We need to hurry up and winterize our irrigation system today. SHIT. These freezing temps just snuck up on us this year. Last week our lows were in the 50's so we thought we'd have time. AJ winterized the trailer last night, he had to wear a snow jacket and hat with gloves to go out in the 50-60 mph gusts in the frigid cold. That was fun for him.
In other news. . . . I found and ate a slice of an amazing BBQ pizza today. OMG. That pizza made the whole heating and phone difficulties a little better for me.
I also have a HUGE chocolate cake with some awesome chocolate frosting I made yesterday. I NEEDED SOME F-ING CHOCOLATE after discovering one of the boys shut off my crockpot, with dinner in it, at some point late yesterday morning (I didn't discover until 4:00 pm) leaving a partially cooked and now luke warm piece of meat sitting in the broth for hours. It didn't make sense to get upset about it (what's done is done) so instead of focusing on finding a new dinner I made a chocolate cake. It rocked. I fed the boys a LOAD of chocolate icing and then nuked some chicken patties for chicken burgers.
So I will just stress eat my way through the week - a completely healthy way of dealing with things (kidding).
I'm also taking on crafty projects around the house so I will have to photograph and share those later.
4 days ago





Enjoy your cake. I'm wanting some chocolate cream pie over here.
ReplyDeleteChocolate solves EVERYTHING as far as I'm concerned. If only our world leaders would figure this out, we'd live in a much happier (and choclately) place. PEACE and Chocolate for all!!!!
ReplyDelete<<>> Obviously, I'm craving chololate too. I blame you, Kristin!!!!