Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sickos

They have colds. I have them parked in front of the TV today because they are miserable. Lucas is in the cough up nasty slime off of Nickelodeon phase. Nick is in the irritable without a productive cough phase.

Robitussin cough saved our booties last night with Lucas. THANK GOD Lucas is old enough to take a cough suppressant at night so that he can get some valuable sleep! I wish Nick were able to take some, but unfortunately he will be up with a raging dry cough all night long. And if history repeats itself, he and I will end up in tears because there won't be much I can do for him and he will be so tired and sore from coughing. Humidifiers? HA! Vicks Vapor Rub? HA! Saline drops? HAHA! Propped up sleeping? Shit. . . it's all ridiculous.

RIDICULOUS!!! I want drugs. I want to benefit from the modern age of blessed pharmaceuticals.

Yayyyyyyy for the FDA. Bastards. I'm still bitter about them yanking the cough suppressants off the shelf for little kids. Yes, yes, I am fully aware of the "reasoning" behind that decision.  Stay up for a couple nights with a crying child who can't stop coughing and is exhausted, you too will want a cough suppressant for your kid no matter what the dumb asses at the FDA say. I would bet that in ten to fifteen years they will come out with "new" information that says "ooops, guess what? we were kinda wrong about that. no, we won't apologize in writing specifically to Kristin because we are arrogant assholes."

Did I already childishly insult them? Oh well, I'll do it again: useless bastards.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Call your pediatrician in the morning. Ours will tell us the exact dosage that Michaela can take of Robitussin. It's ok for them to take at this age, as long as they take an appropriate dosage. P.S. If you're ever in the market for a new pediatrician, ours gives his patients his home and cell number and tells us to call anytime day or night. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Coop has the phlegmy cough thing going on right now too. I have to remind him to cough actually because I can hear it just lingering in the back of his throat.....ICK. He sounds like a "2-pack-a-dayer" right now.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers