Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Wow.

AJ's home today.  YAYYYY!  He will be gone nearly every week (except for Thanksgiving) between now and Christmas so I'm soaking up the AJ time.  Anywhoooo - I thought Nick would be alright if I left him with AJ while I walked out to our driveway to get Lucas off his preschool bus.  However Nick is used to the routine and ran out to the driveway crying hysterically "You left me Mommy.  You left me." 

Guilt.  Ugggg.  So sorry little man. 

He won't stop screaming even after I picked him up and held him as I helped Lucas step off the bus. 

Suddenly Lucas erupts into hysterics.  WTF?  Two of them screaming?  Where the hell is my husband?  Why isn't he hearing this and running to my rescue?  No for real.  Where were you AJ?

I can't get Lucas to vocalize the problem, he is in the throws of the ugly faced silent cry.  Poor guy.  I asked the bus driver if he'd left his hat on board and she checked, but didn't find the hat. 

So I had to drag a resistant and hysterical Lucas onto the curb while Nick continued to scream about me leaving him.  I had to tell the bus driver that his Daddy was in the house so she didn't think I abandoned Nick alone inside.  And then she wouldn't leave.  She watched as I tried to comfort two big boys who were now feeding off each other's emotions and screaming louder and forcefully. 

Jesus.  I waved to the bus driver to just leave already.  I can't hear what Lucas is trying to tell me over the rumble of the enormous bus.  She drives away.  (I actually really like Robin, and appreciate her concern for my kiddo, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong if I couldn't hear Lucas)

Finally my hubby wanders outside with his hands in his pockets to come see what all the screaming was about.  In the mean time I'm wrestling to set Nick down on the sidewalk so I can talk to Lucas, but Nick is refusing to be set down and clings to me like a big ol' monkey because I might up and leave his little ass again. 

Lucas finally says what went wrong:  He had been holding and saving a huge booger for me to see.  Yes that is right.  A big dried up piece of snot.  As he stepped off the bus it fell from his hands onto the asphalt and he was upset that it was lost. 

The booger was gone.  We looked for it. 

I calmed him down by telling him that he was going to make more boogers and he could show me those. So he went inside and declared that he was going to start making more boogers right now and they would be ready soon.

3 comments:

  1. That. is. disgusting. Boys. Blech. By the way, come on AJ, get with the program! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great theme for craft day. Just don't use any of Lucas' boogers on any of the beautiful cards you've been making :). Tell Lucas he can give the next big booger to his Daddy as a special treat for helping Mommy out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now we all know what to get you for christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers