Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Welcome to Butte!

I'm on my trusty cell phone again so you will have to copy and paste this link.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pit

This (go look at the link) is the very first thing I noticed when we rolled into Butte yesterday. Ahhh, gotta love a nicely sized superfund sited right smack in the middle of town.

Other than the enormous open pit, the place is lovely. On part of our drive we went for 3.5 hrs yesterday and encountered one gas station. The spaces up here feel vast. They can't possibly NAME all of the mountain peaks do they? There are just so many of them.

Today is the final drive north. High winds are forecasted so hopefully the RV doesn't need to be pulled off the road. I hope for some form of Wi-Fi, but something tells me that ain't gonna happen.
It is sooo pretty though. I can't wait to see the park!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see pictures of the park!
    nice pit too. Maybe that's where the local kids go to play when they get bored. probably makes for some awesome sledding in the winter!

    p.s the car trip is almost over!!! hooray

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers