Nick hates his crib. Even though it is right next to my bed. We decided to try the crib again because he has nearly leaped from our bed several times during nap time. And if I didn't get in there immediately after he woke up he would crawl at lightning fast speed for the edge of the bed. So I thought we needed a safe containment system so that he can't get hurt. And he hates it. I got about 2.5 hours of sleep last night. I truly had no idea a baby could stay awake that long, but Mr. Stubborn sure can.
Also I have been drinking so much caffeine, to stay awake, that my stomach has been giving me problems. I get sick after I eat. It sucks. I don't throw up but I feel really poorly.
I finally finished and ordered Lucas's photobook that I had been slowly working on. It is from the first year of his life. I hope to do one for both kids for their early years. I would hate for all my pictures to stay in a digital format - that makes me nervous, what if I loose them all somehow? That would be horrible. I take so many pictures of the kids and I want to at least have some of them in a hard copy format. . . in case one day all electronic equipment fails to work anymore. Or in case the format of pictures becomes obsolete and nothing will open the photo files. . . I shudder to think.
I went to shutterfly after researching which companies make the best photobooks. I had previously used Kodak and was fairly happy but shutterfly uploads your pictures super fast (Kodak is SLOW) and the tools to create the book are intuitive and extensive. I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I can't wait to see it.
AJ decided to baby proof our fireplace - ghetto style. He got some pipe insulating tubes. They are long foamy tubes that fit around pipes. He cut and adhered them to the fireplace edges so that Nick won't get seriously hurt if he falls on them. The problem is that he used industrial adhesive to get them to stick to the wall. I was so upset when I saw what he did that I panicked and told him to rip it all off before the adhesive set up and tore the paint off the wall. Thank God he got it off before anything major happened. He figured out another way to get the foam to stick. Argh. Men. I swear. He gets bonus points for finding a cheap way to pad that corner (baby proofing gear is pricey!!) but I nearly had a heart attack at the thought of repainting.








I want to do the same thing. I thought it would make great gifts for the grandparents. It seems like I found Shutterfly had the best reviews. The Today Show did a great segment on different companies and Shutterfly ranked high. Let me know how it turns out. And I LOVE Nick's shirt by the way.
ReplyDelete~Amy
Thank You. I really like it too.
ReplyDeleteI'll let you know how the photobook turns out. I should be getting it late this week or early next week.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteHope your results all come back ok. I am sure that something on your eye would hurt regardless of what is was.
shutterfly kicks ass. I signed up and got the 50 free prints or whatever it was, and then I had a free book coming my way, but I let it lapse, so I didn't get it. I was going to put one together with all my stained glass but didn't get around to it in time.
We made a similar one for my grandma's 90th birthday, although I can't remember the name of the site. It turned out great though. Although, she was so surprised by it at her birthday party that she fell over. I guess its not a good idea to surprise 90 year olds.
ReplyDelete