Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So what does precancer mean?

Ugg. The dermatologist called. Precancer. From my preliminary research this doesn't appear to be a big deal. If it were a big deal I would think the doctor would have called and spoken to me herself which didn't happen. Lucky me I get to have the rest of it "frozen off" which makes me nervous because it is less than 1/8 of an inch from my eye. Very VERY close to the corner of my eye. And it is such a tiny area. To give you an idea: It is about the size the letter " t " on your screen. It is about the same color as my skin, just a little pinker and it is very slightly raised off my normal skin surface. If it wasn't painful I would have never noticed it at all.

Ahhhh. I guess my days of carelessly running around outside are over. Sunblock every day now. I know I should have been doing it the whole time. Here is the thing. When I was working outside everyday I was really good about using sunblock and wearing hats and long sleeves. In fact I had to FIGHT a hard BATTLE with the then Chief of my division to be able to wear broad rimmed hats and long sleeves in the summer time. I had to argue with him in his office and finally when I presented him with the Uniform Standards that clearly state that I was able to dress this way he finally relented. Asshole. But that is another story. I won the fight and was good about hiding from the sun. But when I am not planning on being outside everyday it is hard to remember to do the sunblock thing. If I am just running to the store. . . you get the point.

Plus I don't have a good skin care routine and remembering or wanting to put lotion on in the mornings is not going to happen.

My sister suggested I try the spray on sunscreen so that it is fast, clean and easy. That is what I am going to do. It sounds like something I could get on board with. Thank goodness my family member ordered me to get my butt to the dermatologist for an "all over check" because I would have put it off indefinitely. Nobody wants to get naked in front of a doctor.

4 comments:

  1. Well, shoot. Glad you got it looked at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great that you caught it in time! I'm sure the body check won't be that bad - nudity in portions, I'm sure. Plus, knowing is always better than wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin. Thank-you for opening my eyes. I am also guilty of not wearing sunblock and I am going to make an appt for the dermatologist when I get back from Utah. Good girl for takin car of bidness...(trying to sound cool and it isn't quite working).
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you got it in time, but still, I am sure it must be scary hearing the "c" word in any shape or form in relation to your body.

    It serves as a great reminder too, to always wear sunblock, which I am really bad at.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers