I'm going to make this brief.
The doctor just called (like 30 minutes ago) with the lab results from Nick's blood draw. And it is true that when you get bad news, really bad news that you stop hearing things. All I remember is this:
She said the words "possible leukemia". And the words "bone marrow biopsy". And the words "admit him tonight". Also I heard things like "blood composition not correct" and "platelet levels too low (7000 when they should be 150,000)". He will be seeing an oncologist and a hematologist tonight.
So there you have it. Some of the worst things a parent can hear. I'm absolutely terrified. Shaking in my skin terrified. I can't breathe normally.
Why am I on here typing? Because I don't know what else to do. I guess I could be pacing the room. But instead I am typing.
I am not religious. But please send good thoughts our way.
6 days ago





oh my God kristin, I am so sorry you got such a scary call. I will be thinking of you guys and hoping for some good news :)
ReplyDeleteAs many good thoughts as I can think are for you. Will be waiting to hear more...
ReplyDelete