Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Get your freakin' monster child off my perfect angel!!!

You guessed it. Playgroup was today and it was a new playgroup for us. New moms and new kids. Three times a year our playgroups get reorganized so that moms and kids meet new people. I like it but I am wondering about some of the "hitters" that have been grouped together in our new playgroup.

So here is a question. What do you do when moms aren't paying close attention to their monsters *ahem*, I mean children, and don't see them hitting my well behaved innocent perfect angelic sweet boy? When he goes to hit the devil child back THEN the mom sees that. Now MY kid has been branded as the offender. Since I saw the whole thing to I tattle-tell? Which is what I would have had to do: "No actually Cindy, Michael hit Lucas first so Lucas was just retaliating. . ." Yeah. I don't think I'm going to do that. Because she wouldn't believe me - her kid is the angel and MINE is the devil. It's always the OTHER kid's fault never your own kids fault. So what do I do when I tell Lucas he can't hit but the other kids are allowed to get away with hitting him. Not fair either.

What I really want to do is teach Lucas how to hit the little bastards back HARD. But that isn't mature nor is it the answer. One day though. . . Lucas is gonna learn how to take bullies out fast and hard. But two and a half is a little young. It is amazing how unaggressive I was up until the moment I saw Lucas get clobbered. I don't care who you are or how passive you are once you see your kid get hit and the offender get away with it, you get all aggressive and nasty. Good luck if you think you are above it all because when it comes down to it YOU AREN'T.

Well no worries. Because I have called a member of my old playgroup and have "broken the rules" and jumped into another playgroup. There are two ladies that I know in this playgroup. Our kids get along well and so do the Mom's. No more devil children around my pristine baby. (I hope you realize that I'm kidding with all the angelic and pristine language. . . . sort of).

7 comments:

  1. Mama cougar instincts are just under your sweet and angelic (ahem) facade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just go to the group with the people you like. And teach Lucas how to give a killer wedgie, it's not hitting and every bit as effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because while the Mom's weren't paying attention to their kids' aggression, they were proud to showcase how advanced they are. One kid (Lucas's near exact age) was told to count to twenty in Spanish and then again in English WHILE holding up the appropriate fingers for 1-10. Lucas can't even say his name yet which is fine with me because I am not engaging in the super baby syndrome. And then they were all competitive about potty training and who is farther along.

    Not my style at all. I am so laid back about that stuff. I'm glad I switched groups. I think the Mom's in this group have a better handle on what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make Sara practice her numbers (in Italian, Spanish and Portugese) while she sits on the toilet and takes care of her business (5 times a day with no accidents). She holds up fingers and toes AND does an interpretive dance expressing the struggles that the average toddler faces in their efforts to fit into todays materialistic, dog eat dog society.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOD that was so funny Joanne. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think anyone called child services because Lucas can't count to twenty in Spanish?

    What kind of mother are you, Kristin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get use to it no child is as good as your little angel and you probably missed the start of it all when your child hit the other child or took his toy away. I would of told him to go hit the kid back.
    Steve says- Your little angel probably had a smart ass comment like his mother and deserved to be hit.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers