When Lucas was attending daycare (around 1 year old) I was putting a new pair of socks on him and they were different than his other socks because the were "tall"; they went up to his knees if I pulled them all the way up. I wasn't sure what to do with all the sock.
Do I scrunch them (circa 1982)? Nick kindly agreed to model the various sock fashions:

Do I pull them up to his knees (circa 1972)?

Do I fold them down (circa 1992)?

What do all the other moms do? Will they laugh if I choose the wrong sock style? Will Lucas get his ass kicked at daycare if he has a strange sock?
Seriously. This was a huge dilemma for me. I actually went to daycare and tried to get a look at how all the other kids were wearing their socks so that I could do the same with Lucas' socks. *Sigh*. I ended up selecting the folded down version of sock fashion.
Lame I know. But human. Right?





I am so not one to speak to fashion, but as far as practicality...the fold over seems like a good choice. Extra grip so they don't slip off so fast!
ReplyDeleteMy vote: socks pulled up and his pants pulled up to his armpits...the kids won't make fun of him at all :). I know what you mean about worrying about your kid looking like a dork. Cooper has this pair of jeans that are so comfortable looking but we call them his Mom Jeans. I swear they look like Jordache or Gloria Vanderbilt made them. Mark also says I pull his pants up too high. If I don't, he's constantly stepping on them or crawling out of them.
ReplyDelete~Amy
I go with folded down. Sara rarely wears socks though, so I don't often have to make the decision. By the way where ever did you find such tall socks anyways??
ReplyDeleteAmy- Mark used to make fun of me for wearing my fire pants too high. Apparently he has issues with this.
It's not my fault that the fire pants are made for a mans body with no hips! And I have a high waist.
p.s the word verification is "peezin" a cup?? the toilet?? I don't know
Target sells socks like that. And when you buy them you don't realize that they are so tall. At least I didn't. It is handy if it is cold out though cause you just pull them up high under their pants.
ReplyDelete