Finally fruit is making a comeback in the grocery store. I dread winters because I don't like many winter veggies and miss the abundance of fruit that summer provides. The other day I found blueberries, strawberries and
mangoes - all of which looked yummy. So the kids have been pigging out on the fruit. Nick in particular loves the blueberries because they are just big enough that he can practice using the advanced "index finger-thumb pinch" to pick up his food. Now that he is eating the blueberries he has become pretty good with the pinch. Lucas on the other hand is loving the
mangoes (a little too slippery for Nick) and will put down nearly an entire mango at lunch time.
Mmmm. I am so excited about all the fruit that will be available in the coming months.
SPRING AND SUMMER ARE COMING!!!
Whoo HOO!!

Thank god that it is summer in Chile! I have also been super excited about the strawberries that have recently started appearing. There have also been cherries, but cherries have a peak in the summer where they are SO good, causing me to eat several pounds in a very short period of time. Isn't it great that your kids are excited about fruit?
ReplyDeleteHip, Hip, Hurray to fruit season soon approaching. All that fruit they're eating makes up for the occasional cheeto at Walmart :).
ReplyDelete~Amy
. . . . not to mention the pancakes we had for dinner last night. . . .
ReplyDeleteMy number one garden desire is to grow my own blueberries because I could easily eat 50 dollars worth a day.
ReplyDeleteNick looks pretty serious about eating in that picture.