Our offer on a house was accepted. yippeee. But wait. Don't tap the keg yet. We saw on the disclosure sheet that the house has polybutylene pipes. Crap. It needs all new plumbing. The house is slab so I'm guessing we would have to go through the attic? Not sure. So now we get estimates and see if the owners will pay for this. Is it even worth the hassle? Ahh. Decisions.
I'm going to be so upset if we don't get this house. I really like it a lot. It meets all of my criteria. So far it is the only house we've seen that I really like. And believe me I have seen A LOT of homes.
So we can of course back out of this but we need to decide what we are doing soon. Ask them to lower the price so we can re plumb, have them re plumb or walk away from the home.
On a positive note. Lucas went to a gymnastics class for toddlers/preschoolers today. It was so FREAKING chaotic. 18 kids ages 2-4 in one room all trying to "share" equipment. . . .need I say more? And half the mom's were super engaging with their kids and did the bunny hop and the trampoline and the foam pit with their kids. They ran around and tried to keep their kids excited while they stood in line to climb the wall. . . And the rest of us didn't feel like fighting through all the elbows and arms to use the equipment since the kids seemed to be having more fun picking up the foam mats and hitting each other with them. "Why mess with a good thing?" was my philosophy. Ha Ha I am sooooo not going to do the bunny hop. (Alright fine. I did the bunny hop. I'm not proud of myself.) I have a super-cool-totally-got-my-shit-together image to protect. Jumping on the trampoline with Lucas would not fit into that so if you see a picture of us doing this. . . it is a fake. And so is the picture taken by another mom of me shoving Lucas up the climbing wall while we both laughed our asses off. Totally fake.
6 days ago





Well, of course you know that SELLING a house sucks too! We just had to buy a new roof for a house we don't even own anymore. I'm sure the owners are pissed about those pipes - but hopefully they are desperate enough to fix the house for you!
ReplyDeleteI don't really want them to fork over all the cash to replace the pipes. I'm willing to split it with them 50/50. That seems fair. But when they had their FIRST water leak 7 years ago, they should have begun to replace their pipes. . . not wait and try to pass it off onto me.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder some people rent for their entire lives, huh?
ReplyDelete