Yesterday was our 7 year anniversary (9.5 years since we began dating). AJ is out of town in Denver. He called while I was giving the kids a bath and then struggling to lotion and dress Nick. During our conversation I asked about his hotel room and this is what he said.
"Oh it is really nice. Next time I come up here we are going to have to find someone to watch the kids so you can come too. There are hardwood floors when you walk in and also in the kitchen and dining area. Plus the bathroom . . ."
At this point I cut him off. Hardwood floors? Kitchen? Dining room? In a hotel room? I double checked and yes, he is staying in some suite at a hotel for the govn't rate. Good for fucking him. And he is apparently having a blast. Our phone call was brief so he could run down to the lobby for happy hour with his buddies.
Yeah.
Leave the kids so I can go to Denver with him next time? Really? Was he serious? Who does he know that I can leave the kids with? And all this on my anniversary while I was breaking my back hunched over a tub getting soaked by two dueling brothers.
Has he never met me before? Has he never encountered a woman before? After 9.5 years he still has a lot to learn.
6 days ago





I have a better idea. How 'bout AJ and Mark watch the kids and you and I go to a luxury spa on vacation. Sound like a plan?
ReplyDeletePS. Happy Anniversary :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! (But what about the bathroom???)
ReplyDeleteCan't you leave them home alone yet?
ReplyDeleteSorry your anniversary was a bummer. At least AJ had hardwood floors.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am coming on the luxury spa trip too, invited ot not :)!
p.s the word verification is "boacize" verb: the act of turning something itno a boa constrictor
A luxury spa sounds so incredibly good. I know it is unlikely to ever happen but I soooooooo wish it would.
ReplyDelete