Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Too busy

The drama of buying a house continues:

Now we have moved to looking at new construction. I hate new construction. I swore I wouldn't ever even consider building our own home. And now I am. Uhhh. I hate the cookie-cutter every house looks the same - neighborhoods.

But there are some good things and some bad things about new construction. I would have to compromise on the size of the lot (obviously) and the distance from my neighbors (obviously) and the character homes get that come with age. However I would get in return, a new home with warranties, no questionable infrastructure issues (read: plumbing, electrical, single paned windows etc.), and a floor plan of my choice.

AJ was home for one day before leaving for another week so we took advantage of the day and had a picnic at the zoo. It was really nice. Except that I forgot to put sunblock on myself - again. I put it on the kids, but not me. I have really got to get better about the sunblock thing. And tomorrow is our anniversary so my parents watched the kids while AJ and I went to dinner. We went to our favorite Italian restaurant and had a nice dinner, and guess what? Not one child interrupted our conversation. It was so nice to actually have a non-distracted conversation with AJ. I had forgotten what it was like to just be the two of us and I really appreciated our "date". I can't believe we have been married for seven years. Dating for 9.5 years.

Here are some recent pictures.

Nick and Lucas playing at the park together.


Pop and Lucas playing on the equipment.


Nick taking it all in. And taking a bite of wood chips too.


Lucas practicing batting his pretty blue eyes at me.


Nick dumped his bowl of Chili on his head.


1 comment:

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers