I am all over the map when it comes to negotiating. I have discovered this while trying to buy this house. One minute I am super accommodating, like over the top walk-all-over-me accommodating. Then when the sellers ever so slightly pissed me off I completely shut down and have "screw 'em" attitude. Seriously. Screw 'em. I don't even care if I loose the house at this point. They pissed me off so I guess they might just have to find new buyers, won't they? I'll show THEM.
What is wrong with me? That is a terrible attitude. I should take these things in stride and see the big picture. I need to seek some sort of balance here.
I always knew that I was a terrible person to try to strike a bargain, but this just further demonstrates what I already knew. I am a complete freak about this stuff. Thank God my realtor is a level headed dude who seems to know what to do and how to handle the drama associated with buying a home.
Oh - a bragging side-note: My parents took Lucas to the Aquarium and botanical gardens today. He had so much fun. He is getting to the age where he has all this confidence and attitude like "I can do it all by myself" and "I went with Grammy and Pop and you weren't there! See how independent I am Ma?". It is so cute. He struts around and thinks he is the master of his world. I love it. My Mom struggled to get the stroller into the building where the Aquarium is and Lucas told her "push button Grammy!" meaning the handicap button which I always push. I love that he talks now. It was so difficult not knowing what he was thinking. Thank Allah for speech therapy! Then my Dad took Lucas out to lunch just the two of them. Lucas loves it when Pop and he get to go to breakfast or lunch. He feels so special and that is important. I never knew either of my Grandfathers and I am so excited to see my kids spending time with theirs. It is hard to believe that they are going home soon.
Lucas remembers everyone who comes to visit. He still asks about his Aunt Christina, Aunt Stella and Uncle Dave and his Grandma (AJ's mom) and Uncle Paul. He asks about everyone even the people he hasn't see in a while. Aunt Shannon is another person he asks about often. It is amazing how much he remembers. It is true when people refer to children as "sponges".
Alright. I'm done bragging. You can stop throwing up.
6 days ago





So sweet. What a little man. I would love to be a fly on the wall during his "dates" with grandma and grandpa. Didn't you just want them to give you a full play-by-play? How special.
ReplyDeleteHang in there about your house. I swear, buying can be just as stressful as selling. Sometimes more because you don't feel as in control.
~Amy
They're totally worth bragging about, Kristen, so keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI'm too busy wiping the throw up off my keyboard to comment
ReplyDelete