Removing gluten has helped immensely with his irritability. Crap. Gluten intolerance is a life-long situation. It's not like lactose intolerance which may go away at some point. But I am sooo not complaining. He is like a whole new baby. He is happy and sociable again. He goes to sleep and stays asleep fairly well. Things are looking up. I just have to figure out this whole gluten free stuff. It is confusing. SO many things have gluten besides the normal breads and pastas. Soups, pasta sauces, soy sauce, pie crusts, bullion cubes - you name it and it has gluten. It is taking me a while to find things that we eat without gluten. Oh - and the pizza crust thing is going to kill us. We love pizza. I am going to have to make a special gluten free crust.





Better make sure that toilet paper is gluten free!
ReplyDeleteI thought of you yesterday in the baking aisle. There were a whole bunch of gluten free mixes including bread, chocolate cake and brownies! Also I saw some gluten free pasta that was made from quinoa flour. If these things exist in Alpine (which I was surprised they do) I'm sure there's tons more in Albuquerque.
ReplyDeleteAlso when he gets bigger, they do make a gluten free "beer" I think it's more of a malt beverage, but at least he won't have to resort to vodka!
Looks like he is having a great timw with the TP!