Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Japanese Garden

Now that we have this big patch of bare land to work with I have turned my attention from house shopping to gathering gardening ideas. You should see it. Bare land. There is nothing on this lot except a bunch of sandy dirt that blows into mini dunes. So I have a lot of work to do once we move. For inspiration, and to get a very cranky Nick out of the house I visited the botanical gardens today and spent most of my time in the enormous and very well maintained Japanese Garden. It was beautiful. I will definitely be going back very soon and this time I will remember to take a camera and might even remember to use it. If all the stars align and I take pictures I will definitely remember to post them here ;-)

Now I have a grand Japanese Garden that has only native plants and uses minimal water running through my head. And most of my brain insists that this is something that I can completely do all by myself. There is a small teeny tiny voice in the back of my head that is calling me crazy. And then there is the thing about me liking the Japanese Garden look but I also like the messy chaos of a more natural free flowing garden. Oh yeah. I almost forgot. . . I'm also lazy. I need a garden that is pretty easy to maintain and that can care for itself once established - excluding weeding and necessary seasonal cleanups. While I like the look of balanced branches and trained vines and limbs, I really don't see myself out there tying trees into shape with bamboo sticks. Maybe I can have elements of a Japanese Garden without having the full deal.

And I am also getting way ahead of myself with all this garden talk. First things first. I need to somehow move again. Third time in seven months. This time it is just AJ and me doing the packing and moving and I am not quite sure how to do it. Before kids it wasn't a problem. But now I can't even get a box packed without people trying to push it around the room or pull the tape off and play with it. We also have several boxes that are decorated with crayon as well. And the physical moving of large items while trying to keep people out from under foot as well as happy and occupied. . . *sigh*. We can totally do this.

1 comment:

  1. Duct tape.
    it will close boxes and keep the kids stationary.

    p.s the word to verify is "astube" too bad there is not one more 's'

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers