Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shower Needed

This morning I decided that I needed a shower no matter what. I was tired of waiting for a "good" time which of course never comes. Today Nick stood outside the shower screaming and crying and banging on my shower door. It was really pathetic and upsetting. So I peeked out and saw Lucas sitting on the floor of the bathroom, also present to make me feel guilty for finally taking care of myself, and asked him to go get a pacifier to Nick. I then heard Lucas lead Nick into the living room where the crying stopped. So all was well. Blessed silence.

The silence continued, and continued and as I was quickly conditioning my hair I started to get a little panic-y. I rushed to finish the shower, threw a towel around myself and peeked into the living area where I saw the boys camped out on the floor with a huge basket of pez and Lucas was popping one piece at a time into Nick's mouth and Nick happily was crunching away. (We keep the pez up high on the bar, where we thought Lucas couldn't reach, for special rewards.) My first instinct was to yell at them to stop eating CANDY!! Oh my God unmonitored candy consumption???!!! But I stopped myself and saw the bigger picture for once. Who cares if they eat a shit load of candy? What's the worst that could happen? Rotten teeth? They'll grow new teeth. But holy shit I got a shower!!! And now I will have time to brush my hair AND teeth and I can get fully dressed. This was a blessing in disguise. So I tip toed back to the bathroom, cracked the door and ignored the situation in the living room. When I came back out Lucas had already put the basket and all traces of unmonitored candy consumption away. Everyone was happy.

Little Man Lucas helping Daddy reassemble our kitchen table. He looks so old in these pictures.



Here is Nick helping me figure out how to use the big intimidating pressure cooker. Once again I had waited until the last minute to plan dinner and so the pressure cooker was my only option. It worked out alright. Please ignore the big scary sharp cutting utensils that I have placed my curious and fearless toddler next to.


This is the humongous fish at the aquarium that scared the crap out of Nick . . .


. . . and made him hide behind my leg and put a death grip onto my pants.


Here are the humongous eels that also scared the crap out of Nick. . .


. . . and sent him scrambling to find a way to climb unassisted up my leg.


Giant Clams and their tiny companions the star fish aren't intimidating at all though. They had this bad boy under a black light (I know can you say welcome to the 90's? Gawd.) and all these little circles on the clam were glowing.


Lucas


Nick


Seahorses.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for showering in peace. And conditioner too. Now that's livin'. The aquarium loos cool I love the last profile pic of Nick behind your leg. The look on his face is great. He is mesmerized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas *is* totally a little man - very resourceful in keeping Nick quiet and busy, then putting away the Pez as if it never happened...I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a picture of my brother in front of the big curved tank, just like the one of Nick.

    Lucas does look like such a big boy. and on a more smart-ass note, hooray for the kids getting older and being useful around the house!! Putting together a table, baby sitting the little bro with pez, whatever.

    Iffy would not be alive without a pressure cooker. That is the only way he ever cooks.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers