Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Zoo Day!!

Daddy Lion. He showed off his boy parts and a small group of young school kids started asking questions about the dangling parts. It was really funny - until Lucas heard them and started asking me about the dangling parts.

I made the kids pose in front of the Red Panda exhibit, and then I didn't get the stinkin' panda in the picture. But good news, the kids are getting better a posing for pictures. I was able to get both of them in one shot and no one was blurry.

Giraffes are a really big deal people. They have long necks AND long tongues. Nick watched them eat with their long tongues coming out and he kept sticking his tongue out too.



Zebras!!! Nick is half child half monkey. It was all I could do to keep him from launching himself over the railing and into every enclosure.

Hippos!!!

We waited for the zoo train. It does a loop around the zoo. As it turns out we see mostly construction areas of the zoo and not too many animals.

Riding the train. Nick was about to fall asleep in this picture.

Lucas was soooo excited. I'm not joking. He was so happy to be riding a train!!


You are witnessing several miracles. 1) Nick is asleep in public
2) I was able to transfer Nick from my arms to the stroller and he never woke up
3)Nick is asleep in the stroller!!! This was right after we got off the train (where Nick fell asleep).

See the baby Orangutan? She is 13 months old and is super freaking cute with her wild baby hair. She was so clumsy climbing around but the adults all helped her out.

This is Daizy the baby elephant who is 1 month old? Maybe 2 months? This is her grandmother with her. He mother was across the yard getting some alone time. Daizy already weighs over 400 pounds.

Checking out some Pinnipeds. Lucas LOVED them. They kept swimming really close to the glass and stopping to check him out. I was so excited too that I only took a few pictures.


Here is Houdini. He made a near successful attempt at escaping from the car seat while we were on the freeway. He shoved the chest buckle down to his waist and popped his shoulders through the straps. I could have killed him. I cinched him up so tight in the car seat that he screamed all the way home because he no longer had any wiggle room. Too bad Houdini.

3 comments:

  1. Fun day at the zoo! Baby orangutan my favorite. I'm smiling at Lucas' biology questions and Nick's giraffe imitation, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick is so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 98% for his age. And he is skinny - 25%. I can't keep his pants long enough or the waist tight enough. I'm seriously considering duct taping the waist around him. It is the opposite problem we had with Lucas. So none of Lucas's old pants fit Nick and it is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers