Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We took our new vehicle to the top of the mountain. We went the back way which was on a closed forest service dirt road that was mostly covered in ice and snow and the Xterra did great. I don't think the tires spun one time, the traction was outstanding. We popped out just below the peak so we went up and saw the view. And of course the kids saw snow and had to not only play in it but EAT it as well. This was Olivia's first experience with snow and she took a cue from the boys and decided to have a taste. It was so cute, Lucas told us on our way up the mountain that his ears turned off. We told him to yawn. He yawned and then announced that his ears had turned back on again. SO CUTE!

We then went home and made a fantastic meal. Except for the broccoli casserole. Predictably, american cheese slices do not belong on or anywhere near broccoli. Next time I'll just steam it and call it good.

One of the cats decided to make a grab for the turkey and jumped up onto the counter while the turkey was unattended. We probably never would have known about her adventure except she landed in the pumpkin pie and left four footprints. We identified which cat was responsible by finding residual pumpkin on Haylee's left rear paw. She seemed so innocent too when I asked her if she had anything to do with the paw prints. She looked right into my eyes and seemed to say "who meeee?" Haylee is such a hooker.

Looking south


As usual we had to keep Nick from jumping.


I don't know if you can see it but Nick is literally doing a pull up here. His feet were off the railing as he tried to climb the railing. And this folks, is why Nick sometimes has to wear a leash.


Lucas was elated to finally play in the snow. I felt bad I didn't plan ahead and bring snow clothing.




o

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fabulous Thanksgiving had by all. Your beautiful drive, Olivia's 1st snow, Nick getting his climb on, Lucas making snowballs and Haley gets pumpkin pie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like more fun than we had.
    Sara has been doing pull-ups for a while too. We'll get them in a pull up contest someday, and
    I am glad that no one found any yellow snow to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great Thanksgiving! That is too funny about the cat landing in the pumpkin pie. And I'm going to have to get some American cheese slices to spice up my next broccoli dish.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers