AJ and I have been deliberating over a big decision all weekend. We were deciding if we would be willing to move to a far away land with very little sunshine. Two thirds of all days are cloudy and very snowy/cold days. I need a decent amount of sun, or else suffer from debilitating Seasonal Affective Disorder "SAD", even with the therapeutic light boxes. Plus we just couldn't get out of this home without loosing a decent chunk of money.
But the opportunity was an amazing one. We would have lived in a spectacular location with absolutely stunning resources. It is an iconic place that people dream of visiting even once in a lifetime. Plus AJ would have been working with a fantastic group of people and his job would have provided him with wonderful prospects for growth. It was a hard call. Part of me feels like my strong reaction to dark days is holding him back a little. I worry that he won't get another opportunity like this one for a long time. What if this is our chance?
In the long run, it comes down to this: We are happy here. I like my home, I love my friends here, AJ loves his job and continues to feel challenged by his current position, he also is very fortunate to have wonderful people to work with, and Lucas needs to continue with his speech therapy program. In a year or two maybe we will be in a better position to move and be at ease with that decision. I just hope that there will be another opportunity like this one in our future.
I hate having to make these decisions. All the what-if's keep going through my head.
6 days ago





We've made some hard calls like this. And usually I'm the one saying no. The decision making process has changed sooooo much now that we have a family. I know what you're experiencing.
ReplyDeleteThank you Amy. And I agree that the kids have added a new element to the process.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. Kids/Family change EVERYTHING. Priorites sure do flip flop. Something else will come up and when it does, once again you'll make the best decision for your family. You just have to go with your gut.
ReplyDelete